Heat, A/C, Vent fan switch question

2000 Impala

The fan switch / control has 6 positions ---- Off, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

It only works on 4 and 5.......

My friends 2001 owners manual states there is just ONE fuse controlling it --- is it the same for my 2000 model, and should I assume that I need a new switch ???

Thanks in advance : ) Kevin

Reply to
K. G.

K. G. wrote in alt.autos.gm

Most likely the resistor bank. The switch feeds through a resistor bank going to the motor. And that is usually what goes out. It is usually easy to replace, but may be hard to find. Often times it is located in the engine compartment on top of the heater or fan housing. For the specifics, go to a library, bookstore or auto shop and browse the manual for your car. Or the easy way would be to go to the Autozone web site

and click on Repair Info, then followthe links through Component Locations (on Left hand side) to the carand component of your choice.

Reply to
Dick C

Ed

My oil pan gasket held up pretty well. It never did leak. I replaced it once when I removed the oil pan just to be nosey. This was the only car I owned where the oil pan could be removed without taking the frame apart.

Valve cover gaskets also held up a long time. I replaced them once. The gaskets look like rubber bands standing on end. The front valve cover has a seepage leak because two of those thin ass bolts broke off in the head. It looks like the holes in the head were not drilled deep enough.

All the other bolts I shortened on a grinder. Hoping to use my Sears bolt driller outter someday............

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 028 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face