rear axle ratio

Can anyone tell me how to determine what my rear axle ratio might be. 3.27?

3.55? or 3.73? I have a 97 explorer sport 2 door 4x4 and want to know towing capability. Can it be found out with the Vin?
Reply to
M2FARGONE

What does it say under "Axle" on the driver's door sticker?

D1 - 3.27 limited slip D2 - 4.10 limited slip D4 - 3.73 limited slip

41 - 3.27 conventional 42 - 4.10 conventional 45 - 3.55 conventional 46 - 3.73 conventional

Reply to
Fred 2

Thanks for the info Fred,

I have D2 on my door sticker which you say is 4:10 limited slip. According to my owner's manual, that gear is only offered on 4 door models. I guess that explains my bad gas milage.

Thanks again, Jim

Reply to
M2FARGONE