Rear Wheel Bearings Suddenly Bad...The Outcome

Just a note to all those who posted about my rear wheel bearing failures following a rear brake job...

After several discussions with the service manager, he informed me that after contacting Ford, they agreed to pick up the tab if I'd be willing to pay a $50 'deductible'...not bad considering the bearing hub assemblies are $260 apiece. There was no admission of guilt on their part, however the bulk of our level-headed dialogue revolved around the statistical improbability of the double-failure versus the likelihood of a 'heavy handed' tech laterally whapping a rusted-on rotor to remove it, and the resultant potential of bearing damage.

Seems like sanity and common sense prevailed this time. Anyway, I want to thank all of you who took the time to post.

Pete D in Cleveland

Reply to
Pete D