Slow Wobble

I have started to notice that when I am driving about 10 miles per hour there is a steady wobble back and forth. As I accelerate above about

15 MPH it goes away. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.

David

Reply to
Davidq

Davenandee

I'll second that motion...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Davenandee

That doesn't sound good, any way to tell which tire this is happening on?

Reply to
Davidq

Close inspect will usually reveal imperfections in the tread face.... cracking in the tread grooves may be another clue... Some might only show up with the weight of the car on them. If the inspection doesn't reveal anything, you may have to work through the process of elimination.... i.e. replacement and rotation.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Big Shoe

If you want to be real cheap about it, swap the front and rear tires. If the problem was up front, you probably won't feel it anymore (or no where near as bad). This will only buy you time as the belt will get worse.

Reply to
Mark

While this may prove a separation, the suspect tire will be identifiable with a visual inspection. This same time is also an unsafe tire. While the incidence of catastrophic failure is fairly low, there is still the possibility that an unexpected failure could lead to death or serious injury. There is no sense in gambling health and well being against dollars.

If I have to spend a hundred (or even a thousand) dollars today to ensure that my family is as safe AS POSSIBLE. This has always worked well for me and others.... unfortunately, soe of these innocent people have a way of being involved in someone elses accident. If we all drove safer cars, the roads would be safer... having loose cannons driving unsafe cars kills all the bets even though that is no excuse for driving an unsafe car.

Reply to
Jim Warman