Spare Tire Assembly

Hi,

I got a flat and was able to remove the spare tire easily. The guy who repaired the flat said that he was unable to store the spare back where it belonged. The assembly will only lower about 5 inches and then seems to get stuck and won't lower further.

Can you please tell me what part I need to order? My mechanic says he can install a new one, but he can't order the part.

It's a 1997 Ford Explorer with 4 WD.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Abby

Reply to
Abby Rosenblum

Try to pull the assembly down while someone turns the crank. It might be binding up and pulling it down with some force might help.

Reply to
Mikepier

Is this a case for WD-40?

Reply to
S.P.

Sounds like someone cranked it up without the spare on there. I agree with the pulling with force--maybe lots of it.

Reply to
Ulysses