Windshield Washer Sqirter

I have a 2003 Explorer Sport, and the other day, my front washer fluid sprayer quit spraying. Has anyone had this happen and is their a simple solution? Both the left & right don't spray, so I'm thinking there may be a clog at the bottom of the fluid tank, but perhaps a fuse for the motor that pushes the washer fluid? (BTW, it IS full of washer fluid) Thanks. Frank M

Reply to
Frank Mancuso

Open the hood and try to use the sprayer. When I did that, fluid sprayed out from a hose connection that was coming undone. Pushing the connection back together fixed it.

Reply to
Ratbert

I was hopig it woul dbe something that easy, but all my hoses are connected. Buy thanks anyway.

Reply to
Frank Mancuso

If you can hear a motor going when you try to wash the windshield, then I'd suspect a clog. I've never taken the tank off to clean it out on my X, but I have on another car. It wasn't too tough. If you can't hear a motor, look for a blown fuse. If you can't find one, the motor might be dead.

Reply to
Ratbert

The switch in the 'stalk' gets dirty - grease that lubes the moving parts, I think. Some folks have taken it apart, cleaned it and gotten theirs to work again. Me, I'm lazy. I just jiggle the stick like I'm starting to flick the brights on and I get mine to work (usually).

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

One thing you did not mention is *does your rear sprayer work or not?*

If the rear is working, then the motor is OK. The motor BTW is mounted on the front side of the retaining tank and feeds both rear and front sprayers.

If the rear is not working, I would suspect the motor or power (fuse) to it.

Again if the rear is working, you can swap

Reply to
Alan E. Seelbach

SORRY, just hit the wrong key on my laptop!!!

Again, if the rear is working, you can swap hoses at the motor and see if you can get the front system working. If you can, I would suspect the output from the motor to the front hose. If you can't, I would suspect the front hose system.

HTH

Al in Poughkeepsie

Reply to
Alan E. Seelbach

i have 2000 x my front washers did not work but my rear wiper did it turned out to be the relay witch only works the front washer got a new one for like 6 bucks and now it works fine

Reply to
mab6680