Stant Thermostat

Hi-

I'm ordering a Stant Thermostat from rockauto.com (any good?). I see that have two part numbers (same price) for my engine. One of them says

STANT Part #13649 {Regular Thermostat}

and the other one says

STANT Part #35649 {Regular Thermostat(Card Pkg)}

I'm guessing these are the same thermostats in different packages. Furthermore, I can't find any specs on the 12649 or 35649 to make sure it's the 195 degree part I need. Can anyone verify this for me?

Thanks a lot!

-troy

Reply to
tfandango

Same thermo. Different packaging. Can't verify the temp. but "regular" (stock) would be 195.

Reply to
Craig

Don't know which vehicle you're putting it into, but when I replaced the thermostat in my '96 4.0L I used a Stant "Superstat" (#45369). It's been in

3 years now and still works better than the OEMs did when new (and the OEMs only seemed to last a couple years). According to Stant, "...SuperStats are manufactured with a patented v-notch, non-linear valve design which reduces cycling, brings your car to the proper operating temperature more quickly, improves engine efficiency and fuel economy and prolongs engine life." I can attest that it does keep a more even temperature that the OEMs did, don't know if it warms up any faster or not. My mpg always drops as soon as the weather gets cold, regardless of how well the stat is working.

Stant has a part locator at

Steve

Reply to
Just_Steve