Wanted: Factory CD Player for '92 Explorer

Folks,

I am looking for a factory CD Player for a '92 Ford Explorer. I presume that someone has to have one laying around in their garage collecting dust. My cassette deck has been acting up and I am looking to replace it.

As we are both out of work I do not want to dive into buying something aftermarket or building a system.

If you have one collecting dust and are interested in getting rid of it, please let me know. Let me know how much you would like for it.

There are just a couple of pieces that I need to know, I want to make sure that this just plugs in. The back of my cassette has two different style plugs, so I believe that it has an amplifier. Does the back of the CD Player have the same large and small connectors?

Thank you in advance for all your help. Please feel free to reply to me or to the group. Thank you!

Sgt Schultz sgtschultz71@hotmail DOT com

Reply to
Sgt Schultz

On my '92, the other plug on the back of the cassette radio accepts the cable from the CD changer. Mine has the JBL sound option, but I think the head unit is pretty much the same.

My changer (built by Sony) is getting erratic, the head unit has the balance moved way left and the reception is weak even in the signal-saturated L.A. basin. Radio warranty is loooong gone of course, so it's time to find a replacement in the Blaupunkt line. It needs to play nicely with my spare Blau CD changer if possible. Anybody installed a new off-the-shelf head unit into a JBL car?

dr bob

Reply to
dr bob