Installing a cd player in 99 Camry

I am having a terrible problem trying to get a cd player put into my vehicle. I have always installed my own cd players in my cars with no trouble. Then I got this car, and got fooled. Anyway, before I took out the radio/cassette player, it worked fine, radio played, I could play tapes anything. Then I took that out and tried hooking up my own cd player into it. I bought the harness that was needed from crutchfield, and everything. I have wired everything together the way it needs to be but the cd player will not play a cd. It has power becasue it will take the cd in and out. So anyway, I gave up and took it out and tried putting my cassette player back in, now that won't work. I can't even listen to the radio or anything. Does anyone know what is wrong? I've had all kinds of people I know look at it, and no one can figure out what's wrong. Anyone have any ideas? If so, let me know, it'll be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
kikiandd

Did you check the fuse box?

Reply to
Mark A

Did you camry have an external amp installed on the factory deck? That could be your problem.

Reply to
hlee

should have bought it here and had it installed here for a measly $35

Reply to
I'm Right