Weird Headlight Problem

I have a 97 Ford Explorer V8. Today when I put my headlights on the driver side headlight did not go on. All other lights work fine. Put on the high
beams and both lights came on. Went and bought a new bulb, same thing happened.
Checked all the connections, nothing loose. Took out bulb, hooked up a meter and there was voltage to the connector when the high beams were on but no voltage when low beam was on. Checked all pertinent fuzes, relays etc, to no avail.
Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome.
Gordy
Lamp Out Module (LOM). I'm assuming you have either an Eddie Bauer or Limited with the message center in the center console. Usually a solder weld goes bad on this little black box located underneath the message center.

driver
high
but
4-2LGW wrote:

I had a weird headlight problem on my Escort. No headlights at all on low beam but worked fine on high beam. New bulbs did not help. Local repair shop had no clue and sent me in direction of the dealership suspecting a faulty switch on the stalk. Before doing so I gently flicked the stalk controlling the headlights back and forth several times (including flash position) Lights have been OK for the last 3 years!!! Hope you have a simple fix also.
JP