Where to find battery cables

As part of my ongoing (albeit slow moving) investigation into why my

97 V8 Explorer hesitates when it starts, I have been looking into the battery cables. When I started trying to find replacements I found that nobody has any, or has a cross reference, and that it's not a very standard piece of wire. Does anyone know where, other than the dealer (whose parts department I can't seem to get in touch with) where I might be able to find replacement battery cables? Originally I thought this would be easy until I went to remove the cables, only to find the darn things are 4-5 feet of cable BEFORE they disappear somewhere under the chassis. I haven't had to time to fully crawl under there and figure out where they heck they go. Although I could remove the cables and construct a new cable harness, that would add to the already zero time I have to deal with this. My wife is trying to get me to take it the dealer! ;-) She got stuck today when it wouldn't start again, so now I really have to fix it.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Joe

rizzjcATattDOTnet

Reply to