94 sunbird. caliper hex size

I've just bought my first Pontiac ( for my kid) . A 1994 sunbird and am going to replace the calipers, rotors and pads. Auto Zone people cannot tell me the size of the hex bolt that removes the calipers.I can't drive it to the store fro safety reasons Any help would be appreciated! I'm also trying to find instructions on replacing the parking brake cable. The cars has both cables from the wheels and the main cable from the lever but I'm don't know what is missing to tie the 3 cables altogether. Again Auto Zone people are clueless. I don't want to go to my local GM dealer they are thieves I'm gonna get crapped on but have always owned Fords and they are easy with the caliper pins! I guess this will be a new learning process of me, in more ways than one!. It's all good! Mike morty69(NOSPAM)@atlanticcbb.net remove the word" NO SPAM" from the Addy to email directly( helps prevent spam!)

Reply to
Michael Mortland

Well there ya go....lets me off the hook.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

LOL Yeah, the best way to get help does not start with insults. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Wouldn't expect them to. Buy a set. It might be 3/8" but I rarely waste time trying to read the fine print on Snap-On tools, so I don't notice which one I'm using half the time. If you really can't afford a good set, use a ruler to figure out which size it is. Hex-head sizes are measured flat-to-flat, like wrench sizes.

Go to the dealer parts dept, and tell them you need a printout of the parts diagram for the parking brake cables so that you can order the part you want, i.e. spend money there. They like the idea of you spending money, and will print it. Either that or try Napa....but Autozone, Checker, etc., are discount places and usually can't "help" much, just sell the parts they have. And the parts they have are limited....not every part is available for things like parking brake cables. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Don't the caliper bolts have a Torx head. My Bonnie & Z-24 were size T-50. Even the replacement NAPA Caliper was T

-50.

Good Luck.......

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~297,324 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Reply to
Michael Mortland

The ones on my Grand Am are 3/8" hex but my old 10 mm hex will fit.

Reply to
« Paul »