Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'96 Explorer Wheel Covers - 96 Ford Explorer Wheel Cover.JPG (0/1)
Does anyone know where I can get replacements pentagonal wheel covers for my '96 Explorer exactly like the one in the attached picture? I bought some on eBay that looked similar but were 3-sided...
1
1

Instrument panel lights
Would someone please tell me the prefered way to get to the light bulbs behind the instrument panel. 1998 Mountaineer. Thanks, Steve

99' tcase grinds in high (only)
Grandaughter's vehicle... I'm a GM/Dodge guy, so limited experience with Fords! The shifter motor was replaced. Started as an intermittant problem, but became worse as time went on. Now happens all...
14
14

97 Explorer 5.0L V8 failed the emission test
I went in for my emission test and was surprised I failed. The car drives fines and there wasn't any trouble light on. The results showed HC and CO is fine, but NOx exceeded the limits by about 25%....
1
1

coolant leak question as well
1996 Ford Explorer. Small coolant leak only when the truck is off or cold. Doesn't leak when it is at 200-220 degrees. Not much coolant but any coolant leak would be ideal of course. I can find where...
3
3

Radiator problems
Hi all, I have a '98 Mountaineer, 5.0 with AWD. The vehicle has 115,000 miles and is in good shape, I like it very much, so I plan on keeping it for quite a while. I noticed a small area of...
3
3

What has happened??
Has everyone's Explorer been fixed and no problems?? Newsgroup is QUIET!! Even Jim Warman has not popped in!! Bill in Plano
2
2

2007 Explorer EB Headlamp Change
How do I change the headlamp in my 2007 Explorer EB? Thanks!

Bosch
Pretty cool website, I know Bosch has some awesome wiper blades and plugs but did not know they supported Drifting. Vaughn: 2010 Mustang Give Away and Driving Lessons!

Help Needed: Can't Engage the Park Brake
In other words, I can't press the parking brake pedal down. This is a 2002 Explorer. I normally only use the brake if I'm on an incline or such. On Friday I had it set and it seemed to release fine....

Help: 2002 AWD Rolls in Park
I have 2002 AWD V8 Mountaineer Auto Tranny. I removed the front drive shaft because the joint is bad. Now the truck will roll in park if the parking brake is not on hard. I know the transfer case has...
1
1

2000 Ford Explorer water in transcooler
2000 Ford Explorer X series VIN 4.0 OHV Auto Trans The crust of it: around Nov, Dec 2008 it was overheating, radiator low, no problem. Found the metal water tube that goes in front of the thermostat...

Outside Air Blows Warm
I thought the AC on my 96 Explorer 4.0 finally needed a shot of 134a when I noticed it was blowing warm outside air. it was cold outside too. i replaced a mixing damper or some sort of thing on my...
2
2

Original owners
Are there any other original owners of the original explorers 91/92 still left here ???
9
9

'97 Control Trac Problem--Won't Disengage 4WD
I have a 1997 Control Trac 4.0L OHV with about 130,000 miles on it. With the selector set on Auto (choices are Auto, 4H and 4L) 4WD is engaged all the time. This is based upon the fact that it's...
3
3