Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Amazing events with my 2007 Explorer
Several amazing things happened to me and my 2007 Explorer last weekend: Amazing event #1: The Message Center on my dashboard said to "Check LR Turn Light" and it was correct, the turn light didn't...
1
1

2002 Ford Explorer - brake lights
My brake lights WILL NOT turn off even after turning off the truck. Is this the brake light switch (by the brake pedal) I keep reading about. If that's what it is, can I get it at an auto parts store...

Trailer Ball on Bumper on '91
My wife got pulled over because I put a trailer ball in the trailer ball hole on the bumper of my '91 because it "obstructs the view of the license plate." This sounds like bullshit to me. Anyone know...
12
12

Front Halfshaft
Hi folks, I have a 98 Mountaineer, 5.0, AWD with 115, 000 miles on it. I have noticed tell tale grease splotches on the right front wheel well that is aligned with the outboard CV joint. The outboard...

2002 Explorer Sticks in 4X4 Low
'02 Explorer Eddie Bauer, V6 engine, 62k miles. I pushed the 4X4 Low button one day while stopped. The low gear engaged but would not release when I pressed Auto or 4X4 High. I spent about 30 minutes...
4
4

New center console
So you want a "nicer" console huh? I had that same thought you did. It didn't go all the way to the dash that i wanted it to or serve any purpose but have cup holders. I ripped mine off the floor and...
1
1

97 Explorer SOHC Hard Start
I have a 97 Explorer with the 4 liter SOHC engine. Mileage is 101,000. Recently have been having difficulty starting at times. Mechanic checked and was getting a lean bank code but the "Check Engine"...
5
5

2000 V8 transmission problem?
I have a 2000 V8 AWD (4 speed auto) with about 170K miles. I leave my house in the morning and drive down hill for about a mile. It's a pretty steep hill and I often switch off OD to get more engine...
3
3

Coolant Flush?
My 2003 Mountaineer now is approaching 80,000 miles. I flushed the coolant about 3 years ago. Should I do it again now?
2
2

96 Heating issue solved-well sort of
Turns out my previous post was the thermostat. It throws out hot air now. But the temp guage still won't move. That it would require more diagnostic problem solving. I didn't have enough money at the...
8
8

6 disc changer won't work
No error on radio. It goes from cd to another and another with no playing. Please help
1
1

issue on 96 Explorer
Temperature guage won't move. Car throws warm air for awhile but then it just never gets hot. Coolant is a week old. Just purchased. Ideas?-themostat Also any info on the sway bar replacement. What...
3
3

02 Explorer - transmission replacement choice
'02 Explorer with 62k miles needs a new transmission. Extended warranty company will pay for a rebuilt and give a 12 mo/12k mile warranty. Or the warranty company will give me the $ toward a new...
2
2

How replace hatch strut on 2002 ford explorer
The back hatch will not stay up. This started recently. Is there any procedure on how to replace them. I can not see how to detach them. Thank you
2
2

05 Explorer Read Axle Noise
We have an 05 Explorer with 100k miles, and the rear axle is starting to whine, seemingly from the right side. I'm still not certain it's not just a wheel bearing, but my mechanic suspects a problem...
3
3