Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cracked liftgate!
I have now joined the "Esteemed group" of those with cracked liftgates. While washing my 2002 XLT, I discovered something that I thought would just come off. Oh, no, its a crack, near the FORD emblem....
21
21

water
oil in radiator
6
6

Where are the ground straps
Where are the ground straps? I have a 99 Explorer Sport V6. Recently I found the braid ground strap from the frame to the body, nearest the drivers door jamb had rotted out. I see a similar jumper on...
3
3

Part number required
1998 Explorer 4.0 SOHC Looking from the front of the vehicle. On the left hand side of the engine is a bracket incorporating 2 metal pipes that the heater hoses attach to. It is this bracket...
5
5

third brake light
Howdy! I've been reading entries on here about the third brake light, and haven't really seen what I'm after, so I'd like to revive the topic. I have a 95 Explorer, and would like to buy a less...
1
1

LIFT KIT FOR MY 1999 4DR EXPLORER XLT
anybody know where i can find a lift kit for mine?, i looked everywhere, and cant find one......do they even make em?
1
1

99 XLS Squeal when key is turned off
What causes a squeal in 99 Explorer XLS when the key is turned off? It does not happen all the time. Its hard to tell inside the vehicle, but it sounds like it is originating from the fuel pump....

96 v6 upstream 02 sensor slow response
Forgive me for not having the exact code, I'll get that next time I go past auto zone. Last time though it was a slow response from the upstream 02 sensor. I replaced it. Light is still on, code was...
6
6

4 wd shift mortor electrical pins
I need to change the shift motor on my 44-05 transfer case. 97 explorer control trac. There is a large rectangular electrical connector and I need to extract some of the pins to put in the connector...
2
2

1993 Explorer - ABS Light & left rear wheel locks up
1
1

2005 Steering Column Lock
The steering column on my 2005 Explorer XLT will only lock when the steering wheel is turned in the 9 and 3 o'clock positions, not in the 12 o'clock position. Is this normal or defective? Thanks.
1
1

replacement upholstery for my 1999 explorer
anybody know of any kits that i can purchase to replace the leather in mine?, its kinda old, and worn, i just wanna update it......i think i seen a kit a while ago on that show "trucks" thanks
1
1

2003 4.0L PCV location?
Can anyone tell me the location of the PCV on my 2003 4.0L?

Explorer 2002 - "MAX" setting on AC switch not working
I have an 2002 XLT with manual AC controls. The MAX position on the right hand control does nothing. It used to speed up the fan, etc. All the other settings on this switch work as they should. This...
15
15

Automatic question
Hi all you mechanics out there? Wife has a Ford Fiesta automatic. When cold the vehicle stalls when it comes to a stop. I didn't think it was possible to stall an automatic. Any ideas what's wrong....
2
2