0340 code 99 Taurus How access sensor?

I have located the cam position sensor on my 99 Taurus but how do I get in to replace it? On this 3.0 OHV the sensor is directly under the huge wiring harness that is somehow attached to the air inlet. Evidently, the wire harness must be disconnected somehow.

Reply to
Moses

Nobody had an answer for me so I'll share my experience here. On the 99 OHV, the throttle position mechanism is in the center of the engine imediately below the wiring harness leading to the intake. There are two problems here, 1st there isn't room to work and secondly you can't find an open end wrench to get in there in a 7/32 inch size. There may be a way to remove the wiring, but I couldn't find it. By prying open the plastic case around the wiring, I was able to increase flexibility there some. After looking all over the area I found a Japanese tool dealer at a flea market with little box end ratchets including a 7/32" size. Then, with prying, pushing wrigling and grunting, I was able to get the cam position sensor replaced and the service engine light off.

Reply to
Moses

Thanks.. but I'm confused. Cam Position sensor or Throttle position sensor?!!!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic