Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford Fiesta 1.4 CFI engine hesitates when accelerating at low revs
I have a 1988 Ford Fiesta 1.4 CFI as a cheap extra car. The car is in an excellent condition, but when accelerating at low speeds it hesitates. When it reaches about 3.000 rpms it accelerates without...
2
2

IAC on Grand Marquis (1999)
According to some answers here, starting the car results in stalling... No idle... Happened last week... If I gave it some gas, it would run, but as soon as I take my foot of the gas pedal, it would...
1
1

93 probe gt?
hi there, i'm new here and i'm looking to buy my first car (i'm 16 years old). Looking through the classifieds, i saw a 93 ford probe gt in my price range, with the only problem listed as a front...
3
3

Life is Strange (battery stuff)
Had a nice list of on-the-road chores to attend to today. First on the list: "load-test battery". So I'm really gonna get some stuff done today, jump in the '94 Tbird LX V8, turn the key and ... it...
3
3

2001 Taurus With No Heat
Hello; My Taurus doesn't put out any heat. And with another Minnesota winter coming, I need to get the situation fixed asap. So far I've had the coolant system flushed and the thermostat replaced....
3
3

2000 Ford Taurus With No Heat
Hello; My Taurus doesn't put out any heat. And with another Minnesota winter coming, I need to get the situation fixed asap. So far I've had the coolant system flushed and the thermostat replaced....
1
1

2000 Ford Taurus With No Heat
Hello; My Taurus doesn't put out any heat. And with another Minnesota winter coming, I need to get the situation fixed asap. So far I've had the coolant system flushed and the thermostat replaced....

Online manual for '99 Taurus
Hi, I have a '99 Taurus wagon (3.0 l) and I'd like to remove the alternator to have it checked. Is there an online manual that could direct me thru this operation? Just trying to save a few bucks in...
3
3

Can't diagnose problem for sure
Hello, I've been trying to find out what the source of the instability when driving down bumpy roads. I thought it might be a suspension component (watt's linkage). It was suggested that tires may be...
8
8

CR no longer considers Toyota 'automatically' reliable
Due to falling reliability, Consumer Reports is no longer going to automatically recommend a new or redesigned Toyota model. They will have to wait a year or so until there is valid data. The V6...
6
6

302 heads - J codes?
Someone told me: "Our engines are what Ford calls "J" codes. They are the only 4 barrel (4V in Ford speak) 302s, except for the Cleveland headed Boss series. J code heads have 53.5cc combustion...
1
1

Focus
I am considering getting a Ford Focus. I presently have a 98 Escort, which is still going good. However my son is learning how to drive and it looks like we need a automatic. The Focus SES looks like...
10
10

2000 mustang GT Automatic gear indicator lamp
Just wondering if theres supposed to be a light in the gear indicators on an automatic mustang GT. this one my old man has is either burned out or maybe there isn't one. If there is one, where do you...

2001 Taurus Radio Fuses
I am looking for the fuse or fuses that are for the radio on a 2001 Ses Taurus. It has the 6disc CD changer system in it. I checked the online manuals and i could not find a radio fuse listed.
1
1

99 contour
Try to help a poor friend with a 99 contour. (4 cyl auto)It seems to down shift at highway speeds for no reason at all, not lugging etc. 110k on the clock. Could this be a Tranny control module or...
1
1