2000 Ford Taurus With No Heat

Hello;

My Taurus doesn't put out any heat. And with another Minnesota winter coming, I need to get the situation fixed asap.

So far I've had the coolant system flushed and the thermostat replaced. I've had the heatercore checked and it is fine and not clogged. I've also had the fan, vents, and the box in the dash that blends the hot and cold air (sorry for the lack of correct terminology) checked and all are working.

When running, the engine temp climbs and stays at a normal operating level. (gage reads right in the middle)

When I go down the highway, the heat will climb to luke warm at best, and only after about and hours worth of driving. When the vehicle stops, the air goes immediatly back to cold.

Any ideas as to what the culprit is would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. It's the 3.0 without the DOHC.

Thanks,

Rondo

Reply to
Rondo

"Rondo" wrote: (2000 Taurus 3.0 without the DOHC)

On the highway, the heater will only get lukewarm, and when I stop, the air goes immediately back to cold.

Engine temperature is fine. When running, it climbs and stays at normal operating level. (gage right in the middle).

I had the coolant system flushed and the thermostat replaced. I had the heater core checked and it is fine and not clogged. I've also had the fan, vents, and the box in the dash that blends the hot and cold air (sorry for the lack of correct terminology) checked and all are working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ________________________________________________

A malfunctioning water valve in the hose from the engine to the heater will cause these symptome. Or the vacuum line to the valve may be clogged or disconnected. Or the dash controller that activates the vacuum line may be defective.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan