1968 Ford Galaxie

I picked this up earlier this year. It's a sharp looker for it's age and price. I'm flat out amazed that the front seats aren't ripped, and there is not a hole or scratch in the original head liner. That being said, the frame is spent. I still drive it around town, but I can't find a welder to fix it, unfortunately -- a few have turned me down. Perhaps when it folds in half, there will still be lots of parts here to pick from.

Note: the Mercury Comet on the left in the last picture is not mine, but the Convertible Geo Metro in the background is. I think the Mercury is a '67.

Reply to
Michael Trew

My grandfather had a Ford Galaxie of this approximate age in baby blue. It had a big V8, maybe a 390, in it.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Yes, 390 is the next engine up for that year. Mine has the 302 in it. Not as powerful, but it sure moves when you step on the pedal. Automatic transmission unfortunately. I've been looking around, and there are no rust southern frames for sale, if I want to travel to get one.

Reply to
Michael Trew