1981 Ford Fairmont 6 cyl.

Can a defective brake drum cause overheating of the drum, The rear passenger side drum seems to overheat to the point where the rim also seems to get hot.

Parking brake is working. Installed a new self adjusting kit within the last week passenger side.. If I back off the self adjuster a few turns it is ok for a couple of days, then I guess when the adjuster wheel "adjusts" when I back up, it is then the same again.

Any other ideas what the possible problem could be.

One year ago I replaced.

Parking brake cables. Drivers side self adjuster

2X rear drums Rear brake shoes complete hardware kit both rear wheels. Bled the hydraulic system.

Thanks in advance Denny

Reply to
Denny B

Switch the drums L to R and see if your suspicion hold true.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

trainfan1 wrote in news:PtmdnWK39MjjNpTcRVn- snipped-for-privacy@usadatanet.net:

The self adjuster is supposed to stop adjusting when the shoes get tight. They are side specific - did you install a right side kit on the left side, or vice versa?

Reply to
scroob

The wheel gets hot too? How hot? I have see the wheels get so hot spit boils when you spit on them. That was a bad axel half shaft bearing. See if the rear axel housing gets hot to.

Reply to
jimmy b