1990 Ford Explorer Problem

I was wondering if some one might have any ideas as to what might be causing the thumping noise coming from my transmission when I shut it down. The sound will sound like something might be bumping inside and deminishes in about a couple minuted after it is shut down... if any one might have any ideas what it might be other than a missing cat knocking on the floor trying to get my attention, let me know what you think.

Reply to
Robert Bodling

It is probably something cooling off. Think of the way hot water pipes make sounds when they heat up and cool off as waters goes through them.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff