1990 Ford Fiesta 1100 engine cooling fan

The fan is not working. The fuse is O.K. When the fan is connected direct to the battery it's O.K. When the fan plug is connected to a tester bulb it show there's no power. Any idea what I can do next to rectify it please?

Reply to
voovon

hiya,

Check out the fan control switch, I can't remember whether it's on the radiator or on the thermostat housing on that engine, either way it's easy to see and easy to get to, just bridge it out with some wire and see it the fan runs (ignition on) If you do swap the switch, don't go mad with the big spanner 'cos you'll strip the radiator tank/thermostat housing and end up wanting new ones of them as well.

pottsy