1994 Ford Ranger eats blinker relays

About two months ago, the heavy duty blinker relay on my Ranger stopped working (blinker stayed lit), and I assumed that it was worn out, since I had it in there for quite some time.

I replaced the blinker with the one the truck came with, a standard relay, and it lasted a week before it decided to stop working as well. Figuring it was also old, I replaced it with heavy duty blinker I had from another truck. This one committed suicide in only two days.

Being frustrated, I decided to go purchase a new blinker. This time, I picked up an electronic version, paying the extra money for it. That was one month ago.

Tonight, this one has now died! The lights stay on when activated, and the blinker makes a buzzing sound.

I have never blown a fuse on this circuit. The only aftermarket stuff I have on the circuit are:

1) When I intalled a Class III hitch, a logic circuit was installed under the bed for the trailer lights.

2) About five years ago, the above mentioned circuit was fried due to a short circuit in a trailer. I remedied the situation by installing a new logic circuit, this one going inline with a factory connector under the bed. The old one has been left untouched.

Both of these have been in the truck up until today. I recently removed the second logic circuit to see if it was the culprit, but the blinker still won't blink, so I don't know if it is broken, or if the problem still exists.

Any thoughts on what would need to happen to cause a blinker to fail like this? I am kind of at a loss, given the problem's intermittent behavior.

Thanks in advance, Clint

Reply to
Clint

Dude, just get a heavy duty flasher (not electronic)

Reply to
Scott M