1986 FORD 150 Vacuum Diagram and Transmission Help

Hi,

I really need some help with my newly acquired 1986 Ford 150 302 V8. Upon driving it for the first time after buying it the alternator belt snapped off and then the transmission was acting funny. When I got it home I noticed there is a loose (looks to be vacuum line) hanging off the top of the EGR valve. Where is this supposed to go? If the tranmission is just in D and not over drive it drives great. But if you put it into overdrive and when you start to slow down from overdrive and you hit the gas it revs up like its in Neutral and it has trouble getting into gear. If you shift into just drive (2nd) it will drive fine. Is this most likely a linkage problem with the tranny or is this possibly a bad tranmission. Just running around in drive without the overdrive the truck runs great. My question is did something happen when the alternator belt broke or did something else just happen and I noticed it then. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also a vacuum diagram if someone knows a site or has one on hand. Thanks in advance! All in all it was a Great Bargain at $800.00 :)

James Hood Please email me at snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com

P.S. Does anyone know a good source for exterior and interior parts for this truck online?

Thank You James

Reply to
James Hood