1995 Ford Escort GT 1.8 engine oil capacity

Anyone know what is the oil capaticy of the 1994 1.8 DOHC engine? I changed the oil and filter in my wifes car today and put in 2 quarts, ran the engine until warm to insure the filter had oil and the digstick showed full after shuting the engine off with the same 2 quarts. While we are on this subject.....may I have the head of whomever invented the totally assine location of the oil filter for this engine!!!

Reply to
denton

steve piskor

quarts, ran

Keep it up, you'll get used to it after a while.

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog