1996 Ford Contour Tachometer Installation

Hello, Currently my instrument cluster consists of the speedomater, fuel gauge and engine temperature gauge (with various warning lights)....my question is....if i want to install a tachometer (just for my own sake), can i install a separate tachometer unit on my dashboard? Or is it possible to remove the instrument cluster and replace it with one that has the tachometer on it? Will it fit?

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken

An instrument cluster with a tach should fit. Why would you want to go through all the trouble and expensive? It is a Countour. And 8 or 9 years old. It is a good car, but not worth the effort, IMHO.

Why not just go to J C Whitney or another auto catalog and buy a tach?

The car is 8 or 9 years old. It probably won't be around that long. I would just save my money for a new car and enjoy the car as is.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff opined in news:cgb2ep$ snipped-for-privacy@library2.airnews.net:

yeah wtf would you be enthusiastic about a freakin contour/mondeo... after ALL REAL modders and enthusiasts drive cars like Mustngs and ferraris and stuff.

serially, i think there may be a problem doing this but you certainly should try if you want one try here:

Backyard Mechanic

Sure. Tach should run from $125 to $300, and the adapter/driver is about $50.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

Maybe he doesn't want to ruin a great car like a Mustang. Better to ruin a car like a Contour.

Don't get me wrong. I love my Contour. It is cheap (i.e., worthless from a sales point of view), dependable and apparently long lasting. But I wouldn't put any real money to add stuff to it.

Maybe I am just too practical about such things.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Do a search for Auto Meter Gauges.

Good Luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,664 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face