1999 Taurus Stereo Wiring

I'm looking for a switched 12v power source in the trunk of a 1999 Taurus. I've located the (trunk mounted) radio tuner and it had three harnesses coming out of it. A large black and smaller grey harness go to the speakers and power sources and a small black harness goes to the trunk mounted CD changer. I've determined the Red/yellow wire on the large black harness is a constant 12v source but I am so far unable to locate a switched 12v source does anyone have any information on this?

Reply to
ben.franske

Looking at the wiring manual, I don't think there is one. There is one wire labeled 'Audio System ON', so I have a feeling there isn't a standard Accessory-style power connection. I think it's the control panel in the dash that signals it to power up or down through communiocations and/or the special wire.

That said, there might be a second 'unused' connector sitting on the side of the trunk, next to the RCU (radio tuner.) It looks like the black with pink stripe MIGHT be a switched accessory circuit (on in run or accessory) on a 15A fuse. This connector is originally designed to power a cell-phone adaptor.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann