Rover 620d audio wiring problem - NEED HELP!!!

I bought an N reg (96) Rover620d last week but it has no radio. I've got a radio to fit but the wires (which are loose) are up the wall! There is one solid black wire and about 12 two colour wires. The only powered wire ( I assume constant live) is yellow and white, but cant find a live from the ignition. Any help would be much appreciated, T.I.A. Ian.

Reply to
Ian Gallagher

Those wires should have a pair of ISO plugs on the end, which you simply plug into the rear of your new stereo !

If some idiot has chopped them off, then you need to find out which-is-which with a multimeter (eight are speaker wires (pos and neg), one is ground, two are power (battery + ignition), one is remote (for the leccy ariel), and one is the dimmer line (to dim the unit when the headlights are on)) etc.

Reply to
Nom

which-is-which

This is probably too late, but might help anyone else who finds this thread and has the same problem - it's the wiring for my CD player to the 600 series loom (with ISO connectors cut off!):

CAR RADIO FUNCTION

yellow/red > red - switched 12V (ignition switch pos I) white/yellow > yellow - permanent 12V for memory backup black - black - negative yellow/white < blue - elec. ariel relay output (12V when radio on) red/black > n/c - illumination input (12V when sidelights on) blue < n/c } red < n/c } these three connect to external display??? green < n/c }

grey/black < white/black - front left speakers (-) blue/green < white - front left speakers (+) brown/black< grey/black - front right speakers (-) red/green < grey - front right speakers (+) grey/white < green/black - rear left speaker (-) blue/yellow < green - rear left speaker (+) brown/white< violet/black - rear right speaker (-) red/yellow < violet - rear right speaker (+)

HTH

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis