2000 Windstar-Transmission Problem

My Windstar recently began having transmission troubles. Especially at high speeds, it feels like I am going over a rumble strip. It only lasts for a second and it does not always do it. I cannot reliable make it happen. My dealership stated I needed a new or rebuilt tramission but could not tell me what exactly the problem was. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Your going to wish you bought the Ford extended warranty on that one. I would not take any long trips if i were you.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

I also have the same problem on my 1996 Windstar. It's funny how you say it feels like your riding over rumble strips, because that is the exact feeling you get. I've just changed the transmission fluid and it seems like it hasn't gotten any worse, and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it doesnt crap out on me one day.

Reply to
Rob M.

You got that right (about the extended warranty).

I didn't get one, and we just had to have the transmission replaced in our

1999 Windstar with less than 40K miles on it. I know of three other friends who had to have their Windstar transmissions replaced also (various years).

Next time, I'll get the extended warranty. Oh wait - there won't be a next time for Ford with me...

Reply to
JJ

I had the sijmilar problem on my dodge spirit .... it was the front half axle.. (CV JOINS) check that our first... youll be surprized. half axles cost about 60 - 80 bux

Reply to
Mercury