2001 Ford escape problems with jiggling, jiumping and acceleration

I have a 2001 Ford Escape with about 89k miles on it. Recently when i turn the car on when it is cold, it starts shaking and "jumping" like if the engine dosent havve enough power. When I tap the gas, it goes back to normal but then 2 seconds later it starts again. I took it to a mechanic and he changed the fuel filter thinking this would help the problem, but it didn't. Also the car accelerated 2 times while in Park and without me stepping on the gas, when i chagend the gear to Drive it stopped, but when i put back in Park it started again, also when I changed the gear to Reverse it accelarated with a little bit of force. Wht do you guys think I should do? Additional Details

the mechanic did find a tear in the vaccum hose and replaced with temporary flexible one, he did mention to try and buy the original hose the one that is more harder to flattened out because of the vaccum, and yes the check engine light is on

Reply to
cp71800

You're going backwards. Find out what the trouble codes for the check engine light, and fix those.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff