2004 Taurus Automatic Headlights

The automatic headlights, the ones that come on when it is dark and go off when light are driving me crazy. they seem to come on under tree cover, a dark cloud, etc then go off a few seconds later.

Drivers in front of me think flashing my lights at them. Is there a way to lengthen the time the things stay on? Right now I have to use manual on / off defeating the feature.

Thanks for any help. Stu

Reply to
S A E

The lights use a sensor that is probably near the front-center of the dash, under the windshield. On my 2000, it's a small gray bump. It also doubles as the 'sunload' sensor for the automatic climate system. Make certain you are not covering it with something, so that it sees clear windshield.

On mine, the only time it may flash on and off is in marginal lighting, and even then you need to be in the darker or lighter area for

30-60 seconds before it changes.
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann