302 - Head gasket

Somebody wanna put them on for me. :) Come on,,, I dont wanna get my hands all dirty.

Questions: How long should it take? How big of a pain in the butt should it be? Anything special about a 302, I should know b4 I start?

How much beer do you want,, to do it for me?

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

-- Pull the distributor. When you replace the intake manifold, be sure you seal up the ends as they are prone to leak there. You have to drop the manifold straight down. If you slide it into position the end seals will slide with it. Not that bad of a job. How long it takes depends on how hard you go at it.

Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

Reply to
max-income

Thanks,,, I'll be sure to watch out for that when i do it.

From what I've gathered over the last month or so,, that maybe where my problems is to begin with. I've gotten water in my oil from time to time,,, i have a massive oil leak coming from somewhere I cant pinpoint it, the entire top half of the engine is dry, but when I drove to michigan this summer the bottom of the truck was covered with oil, it took 4 quarts to get there and back. And now I've got this water/antifreeze pouring out the bottom of the bell housing :((

Sure wish someone had a good used rebuilt, beefed up, tanked, shaved, ported, cammed, balanced, custom, chromed 351 I could just throw into it and forget about it.

... Did I mention that I only have about $100 to spend :)

Oh well, it's supposed to get warm this weekend, maybe I'll start tearing stuff apart and see how it goes.

Thx

W.D

...1965, broke down, beat up, worn out, ... greasy, oily, smokin, high mileage, rattle trap...

Happy that my cars aren't in that bad of shape :)

Reply to
Wheeler.Dealer

if you have water/antifreeze pouring out of the bell housing I would look at freeze out plugs. if you have a bad head gasket, you will most likely have water in the oil, or oil in the water. very rarely will a head gasket on a

Reply to
tom

There's at least 1 freeze plug up behind the flywheel. I'd look there first. The downside is you have to pull the tranny, bellhousing, and flywheel to even see it. If it's leaking, you might as well change them all. While you have the heads off the ones on the sides of the block will be easy to get to, plus the ones on the ends of the heads.

Reply to
max-income