92 CV rattling noise when gunning engine

I have a 92 CV with a 4.6 L engine. I got the car from my uncle in June and after taking care of some issues, the car got around 23/18 Hwy/City mileage. Then the Y-pipe rotted out and I got it replaced by some guys who really banged the hell out of the back of the cats while they were cleaning the flanges and installing the Y-pipe. My mileage went down by

25 to 33% almost overnight, and I wonder if they screwed up the cat when they installed the Y-pipe?

And now when I rev up the engine, I can hear what sounds like water running through a pipe (you know - like when someone flushes a toilet or is taking a shower and you hear the water running down the drain pipes in the walls) - so I wonder if what I am hearing is the loose matrix material flowing up the EGR valve?

Reply to
USENET READER

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:07:20 +0000, USENET READER rearranged some electrons to form:

Try alt.autos.ford.

This is OT for this group.

Reply to
David M

USENET READER opined in news:sv4Id.2939$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Dear reader... the CV 4.6 isnt a "big block"

Also... "gurgling sound" in a ford is USUALLY air in the heater lines. meaning your coolant level is low.

loose matrix material is not likely to get upstream into the EGR system. unless you have other serious problems

Loose matrix often sounds like marbles or rocks in a can.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic