95 Windstar "Door Ajar"

Hello, I cannot get the numerous lock switches cleaned on my Windstar so I am constantly being barraged by the tone and the interior lights coming on telling me I have a door ajar. I am at the point where I just want the problem to go away! Is there a fuse I can pull or wires to unplug to get rid of the signal so the tone and the lights stay off? I suspect the majority of the time it's one of the two switches in the rear hatch. Thanks for your help. Rich.

Reply to
Rich

If you've flooded the rear latches with solvent and that hasn't solved the problem, look toward the front. The only door that will cause the chime to sound is the drivers door. It's the "Key in Ignition" chime that is driving you crazy. Flood the drivers door latch with WD40 then open and slam the door ~20 times while addind more WD40. I'll bet $10 that your problem will go away. The ideal repair is to replace the switch in the latch.

Reply to
Tom Adkins