95 windstar: wiper slips on motor shaft

The driver-side wiper on my 95 windstar slips on the shaft of the wiper motor. The gnurls on the shaft are partially worn down. I've gotten an new wiper blade assemply, but I'd really like to avoid getting a whole new wiper motor.

Any suggestions on how to get the wiper blade assembly more firmly attached to the shaft?

sean

Reply to
sean darcy

If you're REALLY SURE about it, you could try epoxy. Or you could just slip a thin piece of metal into the hole in the wiper blade, then hammer it down onto the shaft. That should wedge it tight.

Reply to
larwe

With mine I cleaned all of the old metal from the splines, cleaned the inside of the arm at the contact point, installed, put the thread on with lock tight. Hasn't been a problem since. Good Luck

Reply to
email name

Why shouldn't I be really sure? This baby has 130,000 miles. Do I really think I'm going to put on another wiper blade arm?

Sigh. Couldn't do it. Not yet.

Tried this. We'll see.

Thanks for all the advice.

sean