96 merc sable transmission quirk

My sable has 60,000 miles on it and on light acceleration at highway speeds it has what seems to be a stutter. Also it has a hard downshift when comming to a stop. The trans fluid is of a very light brown color insted of pink. This has happened over the past 2 months or so. I'm changing fluid today. Does anyone reccomend a brand of additive that might resolve this problem? Thanks

Reply to
Don

nospam4me

Thanks for the advice changed oil, filter added Lubegard Platinum shifts smooth as silk so far.

Reply to
Don