'96 T-bird question

Ok, looking for opinions on a possible purchase.

1996 Thunderbird 3.8L. 99K miles. Anyone have any opinions on the reliability of this engine after 100k, assuming reasonbly routine maintenance?

Was this engine subject to the recall on the intake manifold and is there anyway to tell if the recall work was done? The manifold still appears to be plastic or polycarbonite or whatever that material is.

TIA!!! ^JR^

Reply to
^JR^

recall was on the 4.6l

The 3.8l is not my favorite, lot of headgasket and timing cover problems. Even with the intake problems, I would go for the 4.6

Reply to
johanb