Mustang Intake Manifold

I took my car in for an oil change and I just found out that my 2000 Mustang Gt with 70,000 miles on it has a cracked intake manifold. Research shows that this is a common problem and that Ford has been doing everything that they can to not have a recall. The original one was made of "composite" material (plastic?). The Dealer wants $600.00 just for the manifold itself which I am told is made of cast iron.

If you own a Mustang or Ford product with a 4.6 liter engine be forewarned. A $ 2000.00 problem lies ahead. I have emailed an attorney about a class action lawsuit.

Reply to
Gene Sawyer

Just go to advanced auto parts, they have a cast iron manifold thats $150. Not like you have a warranty to worry about anymore, why stick with OEM parts.

Reply to
japhar81

My Ford dealer charged me $140 for the revised intake manifold. Labor was only $200. $2k problem? You're getting rammed in the ass if you are serious.

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

forewarned.

Reply to
<memset

forewarned.

Class action lawsuit judgement scenerio #1: You lose. Your attorney $wins$.

Class action lawsuit judgement scenerio #2: You win. Your attorney $wins$. Everybody in your lawsuit gets a few bucks off on their next visit to Ford to have some major work done.

Class action lawsuit judgement scenerio #3: You win. Your attorney $wins$. Ford mails you a coupon for a rebate on your next Ford vehicle purchase. Why not money to fix your 2000 Mustang? Because the year is now 2015 and you've long sold/wrecked/forgotten about your 2000 Mustang.

Moral: The only people who really win in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers for both sides. As some previous posters said, there are factory and aftermarket fixes for this, well under the $2K that you stated. Besides, does everything on your human body work as well as it did when the year was 2000? Who are you gonna sue for that???

Reply to
Kruse

Sounds like you need to be a little more thorough with your research.

They've had a safety recall out for the intake manifolds of 2000 Mustang GTs since late 2000. See .

Reply to
Garth Almgren