98 Sable - Odd Behavior Usually on Hills -- Kind of a jerky action

I've got a '98 Sable single cam with 209,000 miles on it. Occasionally when going up a hill, it's as if I'm letting off the gas completely and then pushing it back to its previous position several times, but I'm not. It's difficult to explain it any other way than that. There are no weird noises, really, that I've noticed. IT doesn't happen during gear shifts. The transmission shifts perfectly. It just seems to "happen" as I'm cruising along. It seems to happen more on hills, but I haven't yet made a mental note of it happening on level pavement.

That's about all I can say at the moment. I figured I'd see if there's a nibble on what the problem might be if others have had the same problem.

Reply to
Damaeus

Sounds like its got a miss. Change the fuel filter, plugs and wires and clean the MAF just because...It's probably due for a good tune up anyway huh? :)

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Fuel filter.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

In news:alt.autos.ford, trainfan1 posted on Sat,

17 Dec 2005 10:36:44 -0500:

Okay. That's kinda what I was thinking, but when funds are limited, I like having opinions floating around in my head so I won't waste money trying to get a specific problem fixed, even if it means letting something else go another couple or three weeks beyond its normal maintenance cycle.

Thanks :)

Reply to
Damaeus

Reply to