99' ford escort Zx2

i have a 99' ford escort that shakes and idles terribly, when it's at a complete stop in drive. i have contacted many mechanics and no one seems to know whats wrong any one have suggestions?

Reply to
dansgirl

x-no-archive: yes

I can only suggest that you find a mechanic that knows what he/she is doing. If the symptoms are repeatable, the fix should be relatively easy. The information you have supplied is too sketchy to even consider a diagnostic avenue.

Hve the system scanned for memory and on demand codes... post the code numbers and someone can help..... even "gerald" the odd time.

Reply to
Jim Warman

dansgirl, These cars had a concern with normal engine vibration feeding up through the steering column causing the steering wheel to shake (violently) when idling in gear. Is that what yours is doing? It felt like the whole car was vibrating. The fix varied widely but it usually consisted of replacing the engine and transmission mounts with updated parts and installing a weight to the exhaust system to cure it. Although your car isn't under warranty, ask your Ford Dealer to look for a Technical Service Bulletin addressing this issue. Unfortunately, at 6 years old, if this is the problem, the cost of the fix is on you. Most symptoms showed up early in the cars life, but I can see how it might be a concern when the cars aged.This was an ongoing problem with ZX2s with the DOHC (2.5L?) engine when they were new.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins

I'd be checking for vacuum leaks first. Consider finding a competent mechanic.

Reply to
scott_z500

ask the dealer for good will warrenty

hurc ast

Reply to
gerald smith

there is a TSB jim

Reply to
gerald smith

lmfao good one

hurc ast

Reply to
gerald smith

That may be... but our town is full of paupers that can ill afford upscale vehicles like Escorts.... We have to settle for working on lesser vehicles like Excursions and SDs and lowly Explorers with little more than moonrooves and DVD players for options.

Reply to
Jim Warman