99' Windstar tail light problem. (nobody have a suggestion?)

A message on my instrument info center came on stating that the left tail light is not working. This happened 8 months ago with the right side, so I changed the bulb and problem solved. This time I replaced the left bulb and it still is not working. The brake light works fine, but no tail light. I went and bought another bulb just in case it was defective, but I got the same results, no tail light, only brake light.

Can someone advise me on what I should do/try next.

Thanks in advance to those that help.

Reply to
alpost

The Windstar has an extremely complicated electronic system. The HEC (hybrid electronic cluster), the FEM (front electronic module) and REM (rear electronic module) work in unison to provide many finctions. The only advice I can offer is to check ALL the fuses... a blown fuse will not give the results one expects on these systems.... DAMHIKT...

You have posed your question.... there is no assurance that you will get an answer.... if you get an answer, there is no assurance that you will like it.....

Reply to
Jim Warman