Automakers, offer dash-cams as option

Automakers, how about this useful option: Onboard endless-loop fore and aft video cameras? After an incident, the video could be saved to disk for evidence.

Here's how it might do some good.

  1. Illegal aliens box you in, then jam on the brakes to set you up for a fake personal injury lawsuit when you rear-end a car full of illegals looking to soak your insurance company.

  1. Maniac drivers drive recklessly in your space, cut you off, tailgate you, give you the bird, etc.

  2. You enter on a yellow and get stopped and ticketed for a red. Take the exculpatory evidence to court.

  1. You get mistreated by a bad cop.

  2. You have an accident. The video will prove the case for or against you. I'm not worried because I drive carefully and it's always the other guy's fault.

This will save on your insurance and prosecute the crazies on the road. I want this option a lot more than fancy cup holders and power seats and for the same price I could have it.

Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this non corrisponde ad un utente |message is not related to a real reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an di un sistema anonimizzatore |anonymous system Per maggiori informazioni |For more info

George Orwell

A guy with the name "George Orwell" is proposing this?? LOL :)

Reply to
The Henchman

That you were the driver not paying attention and causied the accident.

Reply to
Spam away

Another deterrent, possibly. The other guy will also have you on film.

Reply to
hls

seems like something like that would attract paranoid,lawsuit happy jerks as customers. I don't think Auto manufacturers want to attract those type of buyers.

Reply to
TNKev

I caught that one as well. Big Brother indeed.

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

lol...

You think they care? If it will sell in significant numbers they'll be beating down the door of their favorite congress-critter to make them mandatory.

Reply to
Jeff Mayner