Best Ford Truck made?

Hi,

Just wanted anyones 2 cents as to their favorate model year and model ford truck.

AWD is a must, but are Ford 150's better made than, say, the Explorer or Escape or Ranger?

Thanks

Reply to
RobGute

RobGute opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I like all cake, but prefer double Chocolate fudge icing on devil's food.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Buyers have already spoken, in answer to your question. Obviously NO other truck compares to the F150, that is why it has been the best selling vehicle in the US for

29 years ;)

mike hunt

RobGute wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades

1979 F-150.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

You'll have to be a bit more specific. Best Fuel economy? Best performance? Best Luxury? Best (AKA cheapest) price?

I'd be tempted to go with a 2-3 year old Diesel with all the options. but that's just me.

I've had an older (1971) F150 2wd with a 360 big block Biodegradable, thirsty, rough, tough, you name it.

Newer is almost always better

Reply to
Full_Name

Let me see, I love my E-150 of 89 vintage. I love my 90 F-150 with I-6 with 239,000. I loved my 88 F-150 that my kids abused to just under

300,000. I loved my 86 Ranger. I loved my 78 double cab F-250. My favorite has to be my 62 F-100 unibody thats been in my garage since 1978. It really depends on your needs. If you need a F-350, don't buy a F-150.

GOD BLESS THE USA

Reply to
Bob

"RobGute" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I like my '66 F-100 wouldn't trade it for the world.

Reply to
EJB

My daddy had a 91 F - 250 XLT Lariat, Regular Cab, Fleetside, 8 foot bed with a 460 V8.

In 8-9 years of ownership I'd say that was the best one we had. It was the only one we had we sold with the original steering parts, starter, alternator, water pump and radiator. It was also the only truck that didn't rust on us.

Previous trucks were big block Chevy Regular Cab, 3/4 ton Stepsides, 8 foot bed. They were 1962, 1968, 1974 and 1984.

The 62 was a bare bones truck with 0 options - not even an armrest on the driver door or carpeting.

The 68 I remember being fast, 396 V8. My brother crashed it in 74.

The 74 was a gas hog and ate idler arms, water pumps & radiators.

The 84's paint peeled off down to the primer and the truck ate alternators, starters and water pumps. After 6 years the old man got tired of looking at it & bought the 91 F -250.

Harry Face
1970 F 250 , 235,000 miles on the 360 engine. Trouble free and starts right up in below 0 weather. Original paint job, looks like hell, but gets me where I want to go. Really tough truck.
Reply to
Donnie Shortpants

"RobGute" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

For me?

2002-2003?(last year of older bodystyle) Ford F-150 Harly Davidson Supercharged edition. Performs like a Mustang, has seating for 4 with thier own doors, and has a cargo area I can haul stuff in :-) Only gripe? 2WD only.
Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

Got a 70 F250. 237,000 original miles. Doesn't burn any oil. Original Transmission. Original Paint (looks bad) . Runs Great. Last year in

-24 degree weather, started right up. 360 engine no trouble. Great truck. Truck's in better shape than my son who is two years younger.

Reply to
Donnie Shortpants