blown head gasket? 91 t bird

I brought my car to the shop because the whole car was vibrating alot. come to find out one of the bushings from the engine mount is gone. ever since this happened the car blows white smoke and runs really hot (or so the temp gauge reads). before the mount went the car ran beautifully with no white smoke. anyway when i took it to the mech.he told me that by running a few diagnostics he can tell that the head gasket is blown or in bad shape. my whole thing is that because the engine is shaking it self to death, could this be the reason for the white smoke? any thoughts on this? and wouldnt i be ableto tell if the head gasket was going from the way the car ran before? all of this just happend in a 48 hour period.

penny for your thoughts

Reply to
bfloirish