need a head gasket

I have blown a head gasket on my 99 Isuzu Rodeo 2.2 liter. Although it still runs it overheats badly and I know because of the white smoke out of the tail pipe, I need to pull the head. Where I live, they want over $100 for the water pump and most places don't carry the gasket set. I have found these on EBay.

Eristic? Has any body heard of this gasket manufacturer or used this brand? Also has anybody bought parts from this supplier. I would hate to have to do the work twice because of cheap parts.

Reply to
jetboy

I could only find a head gasket at a dealer and, there aren't many of those left anymore. However, a few days ago I found Isuzu has a pretty good parts locator page now. That was at work, so I don't have the URL, but I'm sure you can find it with a search.

22SE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33667QQihZ007QQitemZ170108063382QQtcZphoto> and

QcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33604QQihZ012QQitemZ220075919227>

Reply to
Ed H.

try this again

and

jetboy

woohoo

jetboy

That's the site To address your original post, the dealer supplied cylinder head casket for my '98 Amigo with the X22RE engine from the dealer cost about $50.

Mine blew because of over heating. The following is what I learned.

- I bought my Amigo used in January and didn't know the radiator was so plugged that it was restricted to about 30% of capacity.

- I didn't realize I burst a radiator hose for up to 10 minutes. When I finally looked at the temp gauge, it was pegged well beyond the red line so I pulled over and shut off the engine.

- After replacing the burst hose it was clear to me that the cylinder head gasket was fried because I was getting water vapor out the exhaust and, exhaust smells out of the radiator.

- I pulled the cylinder head and found that both the block and head where well within the limits for distortion as defined by the Haynes manual I have. Given the abuse the engine suffered that day, with 180,000 plus miles on it already, I decided to fix it.

Checking whether the surfaces of the block and the head where within factory specs was a matter of using a straight edge and feeler guage on various dimensions. I will be glad to post that for you but, if you're going to replace the cylinder head gasket your self, I strongly recommend getting a manual anyway and, it will have pictures which I can't provide.

My radiator was severely plugged; it had only 30% of it's flow capacity. I bought it used in January and didn't realize it had a problem until March. The cylinder head gasket blew after I drove for up to 5 minutes after a radiator hose had burst

2)
Reply to
Ed H.