Buy 2004 Taurus SE from Enterprise Rent-a-Car?

Anyone have any experience buying a rental car from them? I'm looking at a

2004 Ford Taurus SE with 30,500 miles on it. They want $10,999 for it and another $1,165 for a $0 deductable 3/36 warranty.

Should I maybe avoid the 2004 Taurus altogether?

tia

Reply to
Nobody

"Nobody" wrote

I bought a 2004 Taurus LX with 18,000 miles from a dealership for $9,750. This was six months ago. I have to believe you can get a better deal. I love the car, btw.

Reply to
Tire Guy

Nobody wrote in news:Xns96E0815B511BFnononononon@140.99.99.130:

First... dont go asking for personal recommendations without doing SOME homework, at least.

Go to Library.. check out CR review of the model... though I dont believe much THEY say, either.

What's the bluebook... how does it compare to those on the lots of reputable new car dealers in the area.?

Go to bank first, get 2 100 bills and fifty ones, front and back the franklins. Find the car stand by it... salesman comes, flash the wad and say "How much RIGHT NOW!?"

But, off-hand, that seems pretty high for a car off a rental lot.

Suggest you check out PUBLIC auction huses in your area that auction out of lease cars.

Private leased cars PROBABLY get better care and handling than Rentals.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

By the way.. have you been paying attention?

There's a freakin GLUT of trade-ins right now...due to the Emp Discount plans It's a buyer's market.

And I bet the rental and lease fleets are taking it in the rear.. their resale projections from time of purchase are probably shot to hell!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

How much can you get a brand new 05 for with the employee pricing? You could put the 1165 for a warranty toward a car with zero miles. If it's a matter of money and you can't afford the difference for a new model, I would offer them 9,000 for a the Taurus.

It's a used car buyers market right now, try to get a good buy.

Reply to
Scott

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns96E0887E48C9Epettyfogery@207.115.63.158:

I have...I was doing more of it when I posted the message.

I checked it out on-line...pretty vague, frankly.

$12,375 is KBB retail.

It's a bit more than I wanted to spend...I'll drive it tomorrow.

Reply to
Nobody

Backyard Mechanic wrote in news:Xns96E08A1B628F3pettyfogery@207.115.63.158:

Okay, good point...if I like the car after the test drive, I'll make a lowball offer.

Reply to
Nobody

"Scott" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Frankly, I've had it with new cars and all the problems that crop up and am retreating to my junker roots. More cost-effective in the long run for me.

I don't want a new car...I would prefer to spend less than $10,000 on this. So, like you and the other guy said, I'll make a lower offer if I want the car.

Thanks!

Reply to
Nobody

You can get a brand new 2005 for about $15,000 with the employee discount through Oct. 3.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in news:TFj%e.6729$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net: