Help 98 Ford Taurus LX problem dying (REPOST)

1998 Ford Taurus 126,000 miles. Last May 2004 after sitting in park with car on and air blaring my car started to act strangly. First the rpms would waver then the car would shut off. I could turn it back on immediately after always. From the time on, every time I drove the car for 20 to 30 miles then sat in park with air on it would die when I tried to take off. In june 2004, aamco told me it was the transmission. they did major repairs for about $2200 . but it still died. then they cleaned the fuel injection and replaced the idol motor. still it died. I did the regular 306090 overhaul at allied. still it died. every time it dies and I turn it back on the temp rises getting very close to the "H". after hurricane charley and when the weather cooled from about oct 2004 until may 2005 it stopped dying . I thought maybe it worked itslef out. But middle of May it started dying again. and even worse. today i drove less than a mile left the car on in park for 5 minutes and when I went to drive rpms wavered i hear a clicking sound like it it trying to roll over and it dies. If i push the gas fast and hard it doesn't. my car has been tested on 3 computers and 5 mechanics. even ford put it on computer and couldn't figure it out. aamco fixed my transmission and not my problem. and still took my money. Can anyone help me???
Reply to
Cvkitty76

From everything you said, there is a problem in the fuel system. Simply, there is not enough fuel getting to the engine. (OR-AND) YOU SHOULD DO THIS ANYWAY. GET NEW SPARK PLUGS.

There are 2 things you need to try. If the fuel filter hasn't been changed, you are over 50,000 due. Get the filter chagnged. (This should costs under $50 total for parts and labor or labour in the UK) Then go to WalMart (you need to go to WalMart since most auto stores don't stock it) and buy "3" Chevron -->Techron

Reply to
Chronos