Cold Exhaust

Hello, Generally speaking, if that is possible in these cases, what does cold exhuast mean? My car is running terrible rough; no power. I thought my convetor was plugged, but when I removed it, I found that the left pipe from the manifold is hot ( 390 degrees with digital therometer) as expected. The right pipe is cold ( 81 degrees). So cold that I can grab it while the engine runs. In addition, when I put my hand against the opening, I get vacuum. Any ideas? Thanks, I'm stuck here.

Reply to
JWald

Transverse engine? Or longitudinal? Most transverse engines don't really have true dual exhaust. They just look like it. One pipe is semi-fake and does not do much, if anything at all.

Reply to
« Paul »

JWald opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews3.newsguy.com:

I know you're upset.. but would you mind terribly telling us the year and model of the car, at least.

Any other info such as the engine type, size, when this started, any other events at the time.. etc, would be nice, too

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sounds to me 1 bank is not working and just pushing un-burned air/fuel mixture out of that bank

Coil pack maybe, what kind of car/engine is it

Reply to
johanb

JWald opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews3.newsguy.com:

Actually it seems to me as if there's probably no cam action on that side

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

"Backyard Mechanic" wrote

I was thinking heat riser valve completely plugged and forcing all exhaust out one side, but Google only shows JWald talking about a 93 Taurus SW with the 3.8 lately, but it doesn't have one.

The 351ci "church van", and a possible '78 Mustang V6 swap into a '79 E150 to replace a blown 300 were a couple of years ago. They would have one.

Reply to
MasterBlaster