compare fuel economy stats before buying

I was going back and forth to different manufacturer's Web sites looking at fuel economy stats... then I found

and clicked on the picture of the Honda Insight. They have a really cool applet that lets you compare fuel economy in every car tested by the Department of Energy. With gas prices at an all time high, it really pays to compare, and this web site makes it real easy.

Cheers,

Brent

Reply to
Brent

You also have to look at the cost of the fuel. The cost of fueling a 26 mpg car is not that much more than fueling a car that gets 30 mpg. It is about $150 per year. Of course, that does not include the cost of us protecting the middle east or the environmental cost of the fuel.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Debasis Goswami

Giving money and military protecton to Isreal; Occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, providing protection to Kuwait. We do that to keep the middle east stable so the price of oil stays down.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff opined in news:blt19i$ snipped-for-privacy@library2.airnews.net:

You brought it up... so let me just chime in.

We spend that money there so that we DONT have to spend it HERE... rebuilding after more 9/11 reprises.

Seems odd how fast people forget that the radicals have been attacking us, here and abroad, for 15 years

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Really? Then why were we spending so much money protecting Isreal befoer

9/11?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff