Crankshaft fell out of my 2002 Taurus

I started my 2002 Ford Taurus and drove about 3 blocks, then my crankshaft fell out onto the road. The pistons were still attached to
it.
Why did this happen?
My mechanic said it's gunna cost at least $10,000 to fix. I told him to shove it. My son can glue it back in with $10 worth of JB-Weld and a few hose clamps..
On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:43:28 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@nothing.com wrote:

Idiot troll